My approach and qualifications include:
- Building students’ investment, ownership and enjoyment of creative writing.
- Encouraging reading for pleasure.
- Co-creating stories with students using drama, oracy and other interactive techniques to inspire un-confident writers and reluctant readers.
- Modelling writing as a career through Q&As, writing alongside students, book readings and signings.
- Asking critical questions to encourage young people to develop empathy, understanding and wisdom through writing.
- A Masters in Creative Writing and Drama in Education, graduating with distinction and the Deans Prize for Academic Achievement at Masters level.
- Current research exploring adoption through creative writing by undertaking a doctorate at Leeds Beckett University.
- Artistic Direction of Theatre in Education company Suitcase and Spectacles.
- First story Author in Residence, currently working with two secondary schools in West Yorkshire.
- Part of Leeds Beckett University’s Storymakers Company, a collaboration of writers, drama practitioners, academics and educationalists sharing research and best practice to inspire and empower young learners.
Full Day (up to four one hour sessions) £435 +expenses
For each extra day, the fee is reduced by £25, so £410/day for two days, down to £335/day for a five day visit.
Half Day (two one hour sessions) £325 +expenses
Single workshop (one hour session) £220 +expenses
There is a £25 additional charge for the ‘Create your own adventure story’ workshop to cover materials and preparation time.